How to Access Netgear Genie Setup Wizard?
For a successful Netgear range extender installation, you need to access the Netgear Genie setup wizard. After performing the Netgear Genie login, you will get step-by-step instructions helping you set up your WiFi range extender. Just follow them and you are done!
With the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard, you can also change the extender's settings as per your preferences. Here are the steps to access Netgear Genie setup wizard:
- Put your Netgear wireless extender on power.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and use it to establish a wired connection between your Netgear extender and home router.
- Once done, load up an internet browser of your choice such as Edge, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Now, the browser will automatically take you to the Netgear Genie login window.
- Enter the admin user ID and password and hit Log In.
- Once you log in, the smart setup wizard appears.
All you need to do is simply go through on-screen steps and make your extender up and running.
What is Netgear Genie Login Password?
For the first-time login, you are required to use the default Netgear Genie login password. However, most users are completely unaware of the default password. As a result, they get stuck with the 'password is incorrect' error and can't perform Netgear extender setup.
If you are also struggling with the same issue, let us tell you that just check the manual that came within your extender's box. The manual has the default Netgear Genie login password and user ID. Simply note them down and log in to Netgear Genie smart setup wizard. On the off chance if the manual gets lost or misplaced, you can directly contact our technical professionals to know the default Netgear Genie password.
Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard Instructions
After getting connected with the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard, you will see the following on-screen instructions:
- Let the Netgear Genie setup detect all available WiFi networks nearby.
- Select the network SSID you want to extend.
- Click on the Continue button.
- In the event that the network has the wireless security function enabled, the next screen asks you to enter the network password.
- Now, type the name for the extended WiFi network and click Continue.
- Once the settings apply, you will get the steps to connect your WiFi-compatible devices to the new extended network.
- At last, hit the Finish button to complete the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
On the off chance if you can't access the Netgear Genie login page or setup wizard, let our experts help you out.
How to Download Netgear Genie App?
Netgear Genie app allows you to monitor, manage, and fix your home WiFi network using your mobile device. Some users get confused between the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard and Netgear Genie app. Both of them are different from each other. The setup wizard makes the installation and configuration of an extender a piece of cake. On the other hand, the Genie app enables you to manage your network with great ease.
You can perform the Netgear Genie download on your device running Android or iOS. With the app, you can check the internet speed coming from your service provider and analyze the network to confirm that only your smart devices are connected to your network.
All you need to do is complete Netgear Genie download on your device and start enjoying its amazing features. Here's how to download Netgear Genie app:
Steps for Netgear Genie Download
- Launch the Google Play or App Store on your mobile device.
- Search for Netgear Genie app.
- Once located, click on the Download button appearing next to the app.
- Wait until the app properly downloads or installs on your mobile device.
- Now, you will find the Netgear Genie mobile app's icon on the home screen.
- Just tap on it to open.
Netgear Genie Not Working?
So, you have successfully installed the Genie app on your device! But what's that? Netgear genie not working? Tried every possible thing but still the app doesn't work? We have got your back!
In such a case, firstly ensure that you have installed the latest version of the app on your device. Also, be certain that there is a fast internet connection accessible on your smartphone.
In the event that the Netgear Genie setup wizard is also not working for you, update your web browser to the most recent version. If still facing the same issue, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts.