Netgear EX6150 Setup | AC1200
Create a mesh network with Netgear EX6150 setup. Netgear AC1200 EX6150 WiFi extender uses your current wireless network and extends it to every nook and cranny of your house. It comes with a Gigabit Ethernet port, allowing you to connect a wired device such as a streaming player, Blu-ray player, gaming console, or smart TV.
Well, you can get the advantage of all these amazing features after properly setting up and installing the Netgear AC1200 EX6150 dual-band WiFi mesh extender. Don't know how to setup Netgear EX6150 extender? We have got your back!
This page will walk you through a step-by-step guide on Netgear EX6150 AC1200 WiFi range extender setup. Continue reading.
Netgear AC1200 EX6150 Setup Using WPS Push Button
In order to perform the Netgear AC1200 EX6150 setup using WPS, do the following:
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your Netgear AC1200 mesh extender (EX6150) into an electrical outlet.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- If the Netgear EX6150 Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band first. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during the Netgear extender EX6150 setup. To resolve such issues at the earliest, get in touch with our experts.
- Move your extender to a new location you like.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network.
That's how you can complete your Netgear EX6150 Setup using WPS button. If you come across any type of technical issue during the setup process, feel free to contact our experts.
Netgear Extender EX6150 Setup Via Manual Method
To perform Netgear extender EX6150 setup manually, follow the steps given below:
- Place the extender close to your WiFi router.
- Turn on your Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender.
- Wait for the Power LED to light green.
- Connect the existing router to the extender using an Ethernet connection.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device and enter www.mywifiext.net. If this web address is not working on your device, contact our experts for quick help.
- The Netgear installation assistant displays.
- Follow the prompts to connect your extender to the existing WiFi network.
- Move your extender to a new location you like.
- After you find the best location for your extender, connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network.
If you still can't set up your Netgear EX6150 AC1200 Extender, get in touch with our highly-experienced technicians.
Netgear EX6150 WiFi Extender Setup Issues
- MAC address filtering errors
- Can't find Netgear range extender network name
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Can't set up Netgear EX6150 on Mac or iOS devices
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Netgear AC1200 EX6150 not working due to failed update
- Incorrect Netgear extender password
- Netgear extender's default web address is not working
- Mywifiext.com doesn't open
- No internet even after the Netgear AC1200 EX6150 setup
- WiFi connectivity issues
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear EX6150 WiFi extender setup
- Lost configuration CD
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Internet connected but not working
- Extender's LED lights are not stable
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
- Netgear genie app doesn't open
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- Can't login to Netgear EX6150 extender
- EX6150 drops internet connectivity
- Unable to update Netgear firmware
- Can't access mywifiext.net after update on EX6150
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- Netgear Extender not working
Fix all such Netgear EX6150 setup issues within minimal time by getting in touch with our experts.
Netgear EX6150 Manual
When you buy a brand new AC1200 extender, you will get a Netgear EX6150 manual in the package. This Netgear AC1200 manual contains a series of setup steps from starting to end. All you have to do is simply walk through these Netgear EX6150 setup steps and make your extender up and running within minutes.
However, understanding these installation instructions is very difficult for regular users. The best way to install your Netgear EX6150 AC1200 WiFi extender with great ease is to contact our professionals. They will guide you each and every step and set up your extender properly.
How to Configure FastLane Technology on Netgear EX6150 Extender?
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Here's how to perform the Netgear EX6150 FastLane Setup:
- Connect your client device to a WiFi network.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer.
- Access the Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender login web page.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on the 'FastLane' option.
- Now, you will get two options: 'Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only' and 'Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 GHz'.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
In case you stuck at any step while enabling the FastLane Technology on your Netgear EX6150 extender, don't hesitate to contact our experts for on-the-spot solutions.
Netgear EX6150 Firmware Update | AC1200
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear EX6150 AC1200 WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear extender right away. Here's how to perform Netgear EX6150 firmware update:
- First and foremost, turn on your AC1200 WiFi extender.
- Connect a PC, laptop, or mobile device to a WiFi network.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the Settings menu and click on the Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on the Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on the Yes button for Netgear AC1200 EX6150 firmware update.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear extender AC1200 firmware update properly.
That's it! Your extender's firmware has been updated. In case of any difficulty, feel free to contact our experts.
Fix Netgear AC1200 EX6150 Extender Setup Issues
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender setup issues:
- Make sure that the Netgear EX6150 extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Update the latest Netgear AC1200 EX6150 firmware version on your extender.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Access a high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues while logging into your Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during Netgear EX6150 login.
- Power-cycle your Netgear extender once and try to set it up again.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don't panic. Just reach out to our technicians and fix your Netgear AC1200 EX6150 WiFi range extender setup issues.