Why is My Netgear WiFi Extender Not Connecting To Internet?
A Netgear WiFi range extender is a one-shop solution to get rid of issues related to internet speed, signal range, and network connectivity. However, despite its amazing benefits, an extender has certain cons too. One of the most annoying issues that users face with this device is that their WiFi extender not connecting to internet.
If you are also facing the same issue, then congratulations! Luckily, you've landed on the right page looking for a solution. Here, we'll help you in troubleshooting the internet-related issues that you're facing with your extender. But before we do that, let's first make you aware of the contributing reasons leading to the issue. The most common reasons are listed below:
- Your extender is placed far away from the WiFi router
- The connection between your extender and router is not proper
- The firmware of the WiFi range extender is not up-to-date
- Your WiFi device is surrounded by transmitting appliances
Being familiar with these factors will help you in tackling the internet issue efficiently. So, without any further ado, let's get down to the troubleshooting tips, shall we?
Fixed: Netgear WiFi Extender Not Connecting to Internet Issue
Fix 1: Place the Extender Close to the Router
If you've placed your extender in one room and the router in another, then it's pretty obvious why you're facing the internet issue. To troubleshoot this issue, mentioned below are the tips that you need to consider:
- Make sure that your extender is placed in the same room as that of the router.
- Your Netgear extender shouldn't be placed inside or behind a cupboard.
- Also, place your WiFi device away from thick concrete walls.
- It is recommended that you place your device in the central location of your house.
Fix 2: Connect the Extender And Router Properly
Another tip that can help you in resolving the internet issue is a secure connection between your extender and router. To secure the connection between both your WiFi devices, here's what you need to do:
- Do not use WiFi to connect your extender and home router.
- Make use of an Ethernet cable to create a connection between the WiFi devices.
- Ensure that the wired source is free from unwanted damages.
Note: Using an Ethernet cable to connect your WiFi devices won't just resolve the issue of WiFi extender not connecting to internet but also helps you fix the Netgear extender red light issue.
Fix 3: Update the Firmware of the Extender
Using an Ethernet cable didn't resolve the issue? Perhaps, updating the firmware of your Netgear extender will. Follow the step-by-step instructions outlined below and know how to update your WiFi device:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Go to the mywifiext.net administrative page.
- Navigate to Advanced > Administration > Firmware Update.
- Download the file and wait for some time for your device to get updated.
Still your WiFi extender not connecting to internet? If the answer to the question is yes, then worry not. We have another solution hidden in the box waiting to help you out. And that is, factory default reset. To know more about this fix, scroll down and continue reading.
Fix 4: Reset Netgear WiFi Range Extender
When no troubleshooting tip works, performing a factory default reset comes into play. It is the ultimate solution to fix any technical issue that you're facing with your WiFi device. Here's how to restore your extender to its default values:
- Locate the Reset button on your extender.
- Take a paper clip and use it to press the button carefully.
- Now, give your device a few minutes for the changes to get executed.
So, this was all about how to fix the Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to internet issue. We hope that this post was of some help to you in resolving the issue.