Guide to Fix Netgear Guest Network Not Working Issue
Netgear Guest Network is a great option to consider for users who want to safeguard their wireless extenders from potential threats. This feature helps you avoid sharing your extender login details with every third person. But, what if Netgear Guest Network is not working for you? What will you do?
Well, in that case, this post will be of some assistance to you. Here, we have covered every possible troubleshooting tip that will help you fix the Netgear Guest Network not working issue in the blink of an eye. So, read on.
Fixed: Netgear Guest Network Not Working Issue
Note: Whether you have performed Netgear EX5000 setup or configured any other extender model, the steps mentioned below will remain the same to get rid of the Netgear Guest Network not working issue.
a) Reboot Your Netgear Extender
A technical glitch is one of the biggest reasons why you are going nuts because of the Guest Network not working issue. To get it fixed, it is recommended that you reboot your Netgear wireless range extender. Wondering how to do that? Here’s how:
- Disconnect your Netgear extender from the existing router.
- Power off your extender and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug your extender back into the power source and turn it on.
- Do not forget to connect your extender to the router.
Once you are done with the rebooting process, try to access the Netgear Guest Network feature. Is it working for you? No? Keep reading.
b) Update Firmware
Has it been months since you last updated the firmware of your Netgear wireless range extender? If yes, then perhaps, an outdated firmware might be stopping you from accessing the Guest Network feature. Therefore, you need to update the firmware of your wireless device to the latest version.
Take the help of the below-mentioned steps and get to know how to update the firmware of your wireless device:
- Launch a web browser on your WiFi-enabled device.
- Type the default web address in the URL bar of the browser.
- Hit Enter.
- You will find yourself on the Netgear extender login page.
- Input the default username and password into their respective fields.
- Click Log In.
- Once the Netgear Genie setup wizard comes into view, go to Settings > Wireless Settings.
- Locate the Firmware Update option and select it.
Note: In case you come across any technical issues while trying to update the firmware of your device, feel free to get in touch with our well-versed technicians.
c) Enable Netgear Guest Network
Last, but not least, you need to confirm whether you have enabled the Netgear Guest Network feature on your device or not. If you haven’t, then enable it by going to the Settings menu right away! You can also execute the process by using the Netgear Nighthawk app. Here’s how:
- Go to the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Tap the Search icon.
- Download the Nighthawk app on your mobile device and log in to your Netgear extender.
Note: Ensure that your device is properly connected to the extender via Netgear_ext.
- Once the BASIC Home screen appears, find the Guest WiFi option.
- You will be prompted to select a radio band. You can choose between 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- The settings of the Guest WiFi Network will display.
- Next, enable the Guest WiFi network feature.
- When asked, set a network name and a password for your Guest Network.
Note: Give your device an easy but hard-to-crack password. Doing so will ensure that your device is well-protected from hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Click Save and let your changes become effective.
This is how you can enable the Netgear Guest Network feature on your wireless device and fix the Guest Network not working issue.
Enabling the Netgear Guest Network feature secures your devices that are connected to your home WiFi network. Just in case this feature isn’t working for you even after going through the aforementioned hacks, don’t hesitate to reach out to our experts.