Netgear EAX20 Setup: A Detailed Guide for Beginners
Do you want to access a blazing-fast and seamless internet connection in every nook and cranny of your house? If the answer to the question is yes, then you should consider performing Netgear EAX20 setup. Wondering how to do that? Well, go through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how.
Methods to Perform Netgear EAX20 Setup
Here, we'll help you configure your Netgear EAX20 WiFi range extender using three different methods:
- WPS Method
- Manual Method
- Using the Netgear Nighthawk App
Netgear EAX20 Setup Via WPS MethodFollow the instructions mentioned below to install the Netgear EAX20 WiFi range extender using the WPS (WiFi-Protected Setup) method:
- First of all, plug your Netgear EAX20 extender into a wall socket.
- Turn on the WiFi device.
- Once the power LED becomes green, connect the extender to the router.
- Rather than connecting your devices wirelessly, use an Ethernet cable to do so.
- Then, locate the WPS button located on your Netgear EAX20 extender.
- Found? Good. Now, press it carefully.
Netgear EAX20 Setup Via Manual Method
To set up your Netgear EAX20 WiFi range extender manually, outlined below are the steps that you need to follow:
- After configuring the hardware of your Netgear WiFi extender, switch on your PC.
- Open an internet browser on your PC.
- In the address bar of your browser, type www.mywifiext.net, and press Enter.
- Enter the default username and password into their respective fields and hit Log In.
- Once the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard appears, follow the on-screen prompts.
If you follow these instructions carefully, you'll surely be able to perform Netgear EAX20 setup using the Manual method. On the off chance, you face any issues while trying to do so, feel free to get in touch with our experts.
Netgear EAX20 Setup Using Nighthawk App
The aforementioned methods talked about how you can set up the Netgear EAX20 extender via your computer. But, what if you want to configure the extender using your mobile device? Well, that's where the Netgear Nighthawk app comes into the picture.
Note: The Netgear Nighthawk application works on both Android and iOS devices.
Here are the guidelines that will help you perform Netgear EAX20 setup using the Nighthawk app:
- Unlock your phone and head over to the Google Play Store (Android) or Apple App Store (iOS).
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app and tap Download.
- Wait patiently for the application to get installed.
Note: It is recommended that you do not perform any background activities while the Netgear Nighthawk app is getting installed. Otherwise, that installation process might get disrupted.
- Once the app gets installed, tap Create Netgear Account.
- Fill in the default admin details to get redirected to the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete performing Netgear EAX20 setup.
And, you are done! This is how you can set up your Netgear EAX20 WiFi extender using the Nighthawk application.
Performing Netgear EAX20 setup isn't rocket science. However, many users face issues while trying to do so. If you follow the above-mentioned steps carefully, you'll face no difficulty in setting up the EAX20 WiFi extender. If you get stuck at any point during the setup process, then remember that our technical experts are on their toes to help!