iPhone Won't Connect to WiFi Network of Netgear Extender [RESOLVED]
After successfully configuring your Netgear WiFi extender, you can start using the internet flawlessly on any WiFi-enabled device. But what if your iPhone won't connect to WiFi network of your Netgear extender? Well, there can be a lot of reasons behind the issue. Perhaps there is some issue with your iPhone or maybe your iPhone is not connecting to your extender's Netgear_ext SSID only.
No matter what the reason is, this post will provide you easy ways to fix the iPhone not connecting to Netgear extender's WiFi network issue. This is the ultimate guide for you if one of the following issues is troubling you:
- iPhone not connecting to WiFi
- WiFi not working on your iPhone or iPad
- iPhone can't find WiFi
- Can't join 5 GHz network on iPhone
- WiFi connection constantly drops on iPhone
- iPhone connected to WiFi but you can't access internet on it
- Unable to connect to WiFi on iPhone
- iPhone WiFi greyed out
- WiFi not showing up on iPhone
- iPhone forget network
- WiFi not showing up on iPhone
- iPhone not connecting to WiFi but other devices are
So, let's take the plunge.
Why Your iPhone Won't Connect to WiFi?
Once you have set up your Netgear WiFi extender, you will get a new, extended SSID to connect your devices. However, sometimes, iPhone denies to connect to WiFi network, making you unable to access the internet. So, you first need to determine what is blocking the connection pathway between iPhone and WiFi. Here are the most common reasons why your iPhone rejects your WiFi network:
- You are entering wrong WiFi password
- The router shows red or orange LED
- Poor signal strength
- No LED light on your Netgear WiFi range extender
- Congested WiFi network
- Excess security on iPhone
- You are using your iPhone out of the WiFi network range
- Software errors
- Faulty updates on your iPhone
- Issues with the extender's firmware
These were the basic reasons causing the iPhone won't connect to WiFi issue. Now, let's learn how to get it fixed.
How to Connect iPhone to Netgear Extender's WiFi?
Before moving your hands on the troubleshooting tips to fix the iPhone not connecting to WiFi issue, make sure that you are performing the correct steps to make a WiFi connection between your iPhone and extender. Here's how to connect iPhone to your Netgear extender's WiFi network:
- Navigate to the Settings section on your iPhone.
- Verify if the WiFi is turned on.
- Locate your extender's network using the search option.
- At last, type the network password to connect your iPhone to WiFi.
In the event that your iPhone won't connect to WiFi even after following the above-mentioned steps in the right order, read on to find the solution.
Fixed: iPhone Not Connecting to Netgear Extender's WiFi Network
Follow the below-given troubleshooting tips to get rid of the iPhone not connecting to Netgear extender's WiFi network issue:
- Run a virus scan on your iPhone. There should not be any virus present on your device.
- Similarly, check your Netgear WiFi range extender's network once to ensure that it is free from all sorts of viruses.
- Relocate your Netgear extender if it is placed near WiFi roadblocks e.g. refrigerators, cordless phones, baby monitors, microwaves, and fish tanks.
- Power cycle your Netgear extender as well as iPhone to root out minor technical glitches and firmware crashes.
- Be sure that you are entering the correct network password to connect to your WiFi. There should not be any kind of typos.
- Remember to use the latest firmware version on your Netgear extender. If outdated, visit mywifiext web-based setup page and update your extender's firmware.
- Verify if you are using any proxy server or VPN. If yes, disable it immediately.
- Try using your iPhone within the range of your Netgear WiFi network.
- Upgrade the iPhone OS and network card to get the higher encryption.
- On the off chance if there is any security app installed on your iPhone, disable them on a temporary basis to fix the issue.
That's how you can fix the iPhone won't connect to WiFi network of your Netgear extender issue. If you are still facing the same issue, contact our technical experts right now.