Download Netgear Genie App to Perform Extender Setup
If you want to access the internet in every nook and cranny of your house, then we highly recommend you to download Netgear Genie application on your mobile device and perform extender setup. Wondering how to do that? Let's put an end to your worry!
Walk through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this blog post and learn how to perform Netgear extender setup using the Genie app that supports Android, iOS, as well as Windows 10 OS. Read on.
How to Download Netgear Genie App on Smartphone for Extender Setup?
Follow the below-mentioned instructions to set up a Netgear WiFi extender by downloading the Genie application on your smartphone:
- Start by choosing the location of your Netgear WiFi extender. Make sure that your extender is placed in a well-ventilated and clean area. Also, keep in mind that your WiFi device should be placed far from corners and concrete walls.
- Connect the WiFi extender to the adapter with a power cable. Then, plug the power adapter into a wall socket and turn on your Netgear extender. Take an Ethernet cable and connect the Netgear extender with the router.
- Once a strong connection between your WiFi devices has been established, unlock your smartphone and download the Netgear Genie app. If you are the owner of an Android device, then go to the Google Play Store to download Netgear Genie app. And in the case of an iOS device, go to the Apple App Store.
- Once the Netgear Genie application has been installed successfully, refer to the user manual and fill in the default username and password of your device. Tap the Log In button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
While trying to perform Netgear extender setup, in case you get stuck at any point, feel free to reach out to our highly experienced technical experts. They'll surely be of some assistance to you.
How to Download Netgear Genie App on Windows 10 for Extender Setup?
Wondering if Netgear extender setup can be performed via Windows 10? Well yes, you can set up an extender via Windows 10.
Here are the guidelines that you need to follow in order to configure your Netgear WiFi extender by downloading the Genie app on Windows 10:
- Take your Netgear WiFi extender and place it in the same room as that of the router. You can connect your devices with an Ethernet cable as well as wirelessly.
- Keep your Netgear extender away from devices like cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, televisions, treadmills, Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, refrigerators, etc. Why? Well, such devices can create interference with the WiFi signals of your extender and stop it from performing well.
- Switch on your PC and open up a web browser of your choice. Install an emulator so that you can avoid facing issues while trying to download Netgear Genie app.
- Once the application gets installed, create a Netgear account by filling in your name, email address, and password. Then, enter the default login credentials of your Netgear WiFi extender in the given fields and hit Log In to proceed further.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will appear on your screen. Follow the steps displayed on the Netgear Genie dashboard to finish setting up your Netgear extender.
In this manner, you'll be able to configure a Netgear WiFi extender by downloading the Genie app on Windows 10.
The Bottom Line
This was all about how to perform Netgear WiFi router setup using the Genie app. You can also set up your extender by accessing mywifiext.