Netgear Extender Firmware Update Failing [Troubleshooting Guide]
In order to ensure the smooth working of your Netgear extender, its firmware should be updated. But what if your Netgear extender firmware update failing continuously? Well, there can be several reasons behind the issue. This post is to make you familiar with the scenarios that can cause the firmware update failure issue. Let's take the plunge.
Why is My Netgear Extender Firmware Update Failing?
1. Spotty Internet Connectivity
Fix: In case your internet is running as slow as snail, then you may experience the firmware update failure issue. Therefore, it is recommended to run a speed test for your network to check whether your WiFi speed is proper or not. You can also reboot your WiFi network and confirm if it works for you. Don't use a neighboring WiFi or public hotspot to connect your system. Best, if you connect to your Netgear extender's network, i.e. Netgear_Ext.
2. Corrupted Firmware File Downloaded
Fix: Did you download the firmware update file without scanning it with apt software? Wait! This may lead you to the Netgear extender firmware update failing issue. So, ensure to download the firmware file from the official website only. Also, don't perform any other task on your system until the firmware downloads completely.
3. Less Storage Space on Your System
Fix: Maybe your system doesn't have enough space to download the latest firmware update. In such a case, clear unnecessary data, temp files, and junk files from your PC to free up some storage space.
4. You're Trying to Update an Incompatible Firmware
Fix: Netgear extender firmware update failure issue can occur if you are downloading a wrong firmware update for your extender. Maybe the firmware file you have selected is not compatible with your extender model. So, download the firmware as per the model number of your Netgear range extender.
5. Faulty Hardware
Fix: Chances are that the hardware of your Netgear WiFi range extender might be damaged. That's why it is important to have a look at your device to ensure that there is no hardware-related issue. If any, replace that damaged part with a new one or get that repaired immediately.
6. Damaged Cables
Fix: You can also come across the Netgear extender firmware update failing error if there is any damage in the cables that are connected to your extender or PC. Hence, to avoid any issues, be certain that all cables connected to your devices are not having any cuts or damages.
As soon as you have cross-checked all the aforementioned things, you are all set to update your Netgear WiFi range extender's firmware. Here's how.
Steps to Update the Firmware of Your Netgear Extender
- Go to the Netgear download center and look for the latest firmware update for your extender.
- If you find any new firmware version for the particular model number of your extender, click on the Download button.
- Save the downloaded firmware file on your desktop.
- Now, pull up a web browser as per your liking.
- Visit mywifiext web page.
- Type the admin user ID and password into the prompted boxes.
- Clicking on the Log In button will open the Netgear extender's dashboard for you.
- Head over to the Firmware Update section.
- Click Browse and choose the downloaded firmware file.
- Hit Update.
Wait until your Netgear extender updates its firmware. Don't interrupt the firmware update process in-between.
Are you still seeing the same Netgear extender firmware update failing error? Don't hesitate to reach out to our well-versed technicians right away. They will provide you instant solutions to fix the issue.