Setup Range Extender Using WPS
WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) enables you to set up your wireless range extender without using the network name and password. Take the help of the following steps to set up your extender using the WPS method:
- Unbox your wireless range extender. While doing so, make sure that no part gets damaged. Otherwise, you might come across issues while executing the process.
- Attach the antennas on your extender. If they already came attached to your extender, see to it that they are facing upwards.
- The next step in line is to plug your wireless range extender into a working wall socket. Once done, press the Power button on your device.
- If the wall socket into which your extender is plugged is damaged, it is recommended that you consider plugging it into a different outlet.
- Once you are sure that your range extender is receiving a fluctuation-free power supply from its wall socket, locate the WPS button.
- Did you find it? Good. Now, carefully press the WPS button for some time. Thereafter, change the location of your extender and place it near your router.
In this manner, you will be able to perform extender setup using the WPS method. On the off chance, you come across any issues while executing the process, then:
Manual Setup of Range Extender
If you found the WPS method a bit tricky to set up your range extender, it is recommended that you opt for the Manual method for the same purpose. Walk through the guidelines mentioned below in order configure your extender manually:
- Position your wireless range extender near your home router. Plug your extender into a wall socket and press the Power button.
- Certain extenders need a power cord to get connected to the socket. They do not get connected directly. If your extender also needs to get powered up in the same way, then do the needful. In case you come across any issues while doing so:
- Next, get hold of an Ethernet cable. Connect one of the Ethernet cable to your wireless range extender and another to your home router.
- If you are unable to connect your devices with the help of a cable, make use of a wireless source. Are you facing issues trying to connect your devices?
- Switch on your computer. Open an internet browser. Whether you choose Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer, Opera, Microsoft Edge, or any other browser, make sure that it is running on its updated version.
- Also, to be on the safer side, your internet browser should be cleared of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- In the address bar of your internet browser, type the default web address of your wireless range extender and press the Enter key.
- You will get welcomed by the official login page of your extender. Fill in the default username and password and click the Log In button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete configuring your range extender.
Bravo! With that, you have successfully completed the extender setup process using the Manual method. What happened? Got stuck somewhere? Let us help you.
Manual Login to Range Extender
Once you are done setting up your wireless range extender, you are free to tweak its settings. In order to change the settings of your device, you need to log in to it. Not sure how to go about the process? Well, simply follow the steps outlined below:
- Turn on your computer and open an internet browser of your choice. In the address bar of your internet browser, type the default web address and press the Enter key.
- Make sure to not enter the web address in the search bar of your browser. Otherwise, you will not be able to proceed further with the extender login process.
- Once you have landed on the official login page of your wireless range extender, you will be prompted to enter the default admin username and password.
- Therefore, enter the default login credentials into their required fields, and click the Log In button. If you are not certain regarding the admin details of your extender, it is advised that you refer to the user manual or click the option below.
Common Issues in Extenders
Users all across the world have complained about facing different issues with their wireless range extenders. Some of them have been highlighted below. If you are also facing any of the below-given issues with your device, get in touch with our experts by hitting Chat Now.
Issue 1: Extender Power LED Blinking RedReasons:
- Your wireless range extender is not receiving an adequate power supply.
- The wall socket into which your extender is plugged is damaged.
Issue 2: Default Extender IP Not WorkingReasons:
- The Ethernet cable connecting your extender and router is worn out.
- You haven’t typed the correct IP address in the address bar of your browser.
- The signals of your extender are either getting interrupted or blocked.
- The distance between your extender and router is too much.
Disclaimer: mwifexty.net is an independent Service and Support provider for a large variety of third party products, brands, and services. Any use of Trademarks, Brands, Products, and Services is referential and we hereby, disclaim any association, affiliation – direct or indirect, or representation in any form, of any such brand, product, or service. Our services are provided only on demand/request by users or customers.
Copyright © 2022 | All Rights Reserved.